Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
These tips will help you evaluate the quality, accuracy and reliability of information you find on the Web.
- Who wrote the page - where is the information coming from?
- Is the author qualified to speak on the topic?
- Is the site reputable?
- Is the information Correct?
- Can you verify the information from another source?
- Are there references available to back up the author's claims?
- Is the purpose of the website to inform you?
- Is it promoting or selling something?
- Is it biased?
- When was the site last updated?
- How current are the links – have some expired or moved?
- What topics are covered on the site?
- Is the information on the site well presented?
- Is special software required to view the page or is it fee based?
Dúchas is a project undertaken to digitise the National Folklore Collection of Ireland held in University College Dublin. The collection also includes the Schools' Collection, a collection of folklore compiled by schoolchildren in Ireland in the 1930s
The Placenames Database of Ireland developed by DCU and the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
An English-Irish dictionary from Foras na Gaeilge
An independent Irish dictionary
Foras na Gaeilge
Foras na Gaeilge is a public body responsible for the promotion of the Irish language throughout the island of Ireland
RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta
An Irish language news website