These tips will help you evaluate the quality, accuracy and reliability of information you find on the Web.
- Who wrote the page - where is the information coming from?
- Is the author qualified to speak on the topic?
- Is the site reputable?
- Is the information Correct?
- Can you verify the information from another source?
- Are there references available to back up the author's claims?
- Is the purpose of the website to inform you?
- Is it promoting or selling something?
- Is it biased?
- When was the site last updated?
- How current are the links – have some expired or moved?
- What topics are covered on the site?
- Is the information on the site well presented?
- Is special software required to view the page or is it fee based?