Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
These tips will help you evaluate the quality, accuracy and reliability of information you find on the Web.
- Who wrote the page - where is the information coming from?
- Is the author qualified to speak on the topic?
- Is the site reputable?
- Is the information Correct?
- Can you verify the information from another source?
- Are there references available to back up the author's claims?
- Is the purpose of the website to inform you?
- Is it promoting or selling something?
- Is it biased?
- When was the site last updated?
- How current are the links – have some expired or moved?
- What topics are covered on the site?
- Is the information on the site well presented?
- Is special software required to view the page or is it fee based?
Early Childhood Ireland
Early Childhood Ireland is the largest organisation in the early years sector, who support children and their families through preschool, afterschool, and full day-care provision nationwide.
Tusla - Child and Family Agency
Early Years Inspectorate publications.
CARE - European Early Childhood Education and Care
CARE is a collaborative project funded by the European Union to address issues related to the quality, inclusiveness, and individual, social, and economic benefits of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) in Europe.