Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
If you have forgotten your password, click here. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Welcome to the Literacy Education Subject Guide
Welcome to your Subject Guide. This is where you will find:
- Information on a wide range of resources related to your subject
- Information on referencing & plagiarism
- Study hints and tips
- Information on upcoming library events and workshops
- A guide to using Endnote
- Library opening hours
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or suggestions.
Search and Find
You can use the library catalogue 'Search All' to find library materials. Enter a title, author or some keywords in the search bar below to begin.
Book a Study Space
- Seats can be booked for a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 4 hours per day
- You may make up to 5 simultaneous bookings (of up to 4 hours each) per week
- Students have 15 minutes to sign in to their seat
- All seats are for individual study only
How to use MIC Study Spaces
- Book your space here.
- Your booking request will be sent to your MIC email account and will include your unique check-in code. Please bring this with you.
- Go to your study space and sign in by scanning the QR code at the desk.
- Check out of your study space if leaving before your scheduled end-time.
Non-attendance without cancelling your booking, and/or failure to check in and check out of your space will result in the Library blocking access to the study space.
For Terms and Conditions, please click here.
Our Research Support team can help you with:
- subject related enquiries
- help in researching essays, assignments and other coursework
- print and electronic resources in your subject area
Photocopying and Printing in the library
There are two black & white multi-function devices on the ground floor in the library that you can use for photocopying, printing or scanning. You will need your ID card to use these. For more information please click here.
Printing is also available in the computer labs and the Students' Union office.